Our purpose is to pair talented people with good companies who fit their personality and where they will have the opportunity to achieve outstanding results!
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. - Winston Churchill
Branch Operations Manager - Electrical/Utilities Supplies
The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for administrative, warehouse, and internal functions of branch location. Provides leadership to staff to meet and optimize established levels of business performance objectives, service, productivity, and quality. Maintains employee morale while servicing customer at economical cost. Supports branch sales plan for growth and margin improvement. The Branch includes: warehouse, VMI, inside/outside sales, and office personnel.
• Assists in controlling branch assets, including inventory, receivables and payables to maximize bottom line performance, reduce carrying costs, and satisfy customers
• Utilizes LEAN methodologies to develop and implement action plans to correct problem areas and optimize established levels of business performance objectives, service, productivity, and quality.
• Analyzes customer feedback procedures and develops methods to improve service quality using metrics.
• Contributes to preparation of branch annual budget, including forecast of capital expenditures.
• Analyzes reports to identify potential operational deficiencies and take corrective actions.
• Maintain branch facility, warehouse and office equipment.
• Performs required system utilities, security and administrative controls used in daily activities including WESNET, Tandem, and telephone systems.
• Implements and directs branch safety program and warehouse housekeeping practices.
• Conducts inventory control procedures, including reconciling inventory accounts, coordinating inventory returns and repairs, and assisting in product cycle counting.
• Controls and monitors branch operating expenses, and implements corrective actions.
• Reviews claims, deductions, and sales and transaction exception reports to identify and implements plan to improve profitability.
• Conducts annual transportation cost analyses and takes corrective actions.
• Administers vehicle maintenance program and processes accident reports.
• Monitors and approves branch expense and stock documentation, and review invoices.
• Conducts daily branch management meetings to communicate information and resolve problems.
Inside Sales – 2 years required.
Supervision and department/site profit and loss – 1 year required.
LEAN – 1 year preferred.
High School Degree or equivalent required Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
LEAN yellow belt certification within 12 months required.
Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records and other office procedures and terminology.
Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
Excellent communication and computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Demonstrate teamwork, leadership and flexibility.
· General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Base Salary $80-95K DOE
Paid Time Off
Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident